WE GOT YOUR BACK.
You’ve tried it all. Tossing and turning, one leg over the covers, sleeping with a fan in your face, continuously flipping your pillow over to get to the “cool side” – nothing works. Beating the heat during the summer months can be uncomfortable. When your body is too hot or too cold, it can cause you to wake up during the night and break your sleep cycle.
Getting a good night’s sleep while during the summer season while dealing with humidity can prove challenging. We’ve compiled some tips to help you get a better night’s sleep.
BEAT THE HEAT
- Remember heat rises. Sleeping on the top floor of your house may factor in to your loss of sleep. Try resting on a lower floor or in the basement for a cooler environment.
- Avoiding exercising right before bed. Exercising increased your body temperature, which takes time to cool down. Try to schedule in exercise 3 hours in advance of sleeping.
- Close your blinds during the daytime to prevent additional sunlight in your room and regulate your room’s temperature.
- Sleep in cotton. A more breathable fabric than silk or wool and will help maintain a consistent body temperature.
- Change your bedding. If you typically sleep with a duvet during the winter months, opt for lighter bedding material.
Last but not least, it may be time tochange your mattress.Chirofoam mattressesare perfect for beating the summer heat and helping you get a better night’s sleep. The gel infused memory foam top layer is built to whisk heat away from your body and stay cool while you sleep. The perforated latex layer is breathable which helps to circulate air in order to keep your body at a balanced sleep temperature at night. Please note that room temperature and sheets also have a huge impact on your body’s temperature while you sleep.